Deposit Operations Comprehensive Compliance, Including BSA
July 12, 2022
DateJul 12, 2022Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Deposit operations is one of the most important areas of your financial institution.
This webinar will provide a comprehensive regulatory overview to help your institution avoid unnecessary loss and comply with BSA training requirements.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Describe the importance of BSA requirements
- Apply the proper holds on checks
- Define unauthorized electronic funds transfers
- Explain how different forms of account ownership increase deposit insurance coverage
- Distinguish between rules for consumer versus non-consumer accounts
Numerous laws and regulations affect deposit operations, beginning with new account opening, including identifying accountholders under the USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC, Truth in Savings, and other disclosure requirements. Once an account is opened, there are requirements regarding transactions (including holds on deposits), Bank Secrecy Act monitoring, reporting and recordkeeping, and rules regarding checks, electronic funds transfers, account insurance, etc.
Compliance with consumer protection laws and regulations is a perennial priority with examiners and auditors. Understanding your duties and responsibilities can make achieving this goal almost second nature and also provides a better experience for accountholders. Protecting your institution from unnecessary losses due to missteps is an added plus. Learn the dos and don’ts of handling deposit accounts with this important training.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new accounts staff, tellers, branch personnel, call centers personnel, and employees responsible for handling consumer inquiries and complaints about transactions, audits, and compliance.
- Check hold chart
- SAR and CTR quick reference sheet
- Sample deposit ops compliance policy
- Internet resource list
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Plus, Inc.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC