Consumer Lending Collateral Considerations & Documentation
June 21, 2022
DateJun 21, 2022Duration90 minutes
08:00 AM PDT09:00 AM MDT
10:00 AM CDT11:00 AM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
This must-attend session will cover the ins and outs of consumer collateral from A to Z.
Learn how to properly perfect security interests in all types of personal property and get the documentation requirements down pat! This thorough training will help you avoid mistakes and reduce loss.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the documentation required for each different loan type
- Use the proper method of perfection for each type of collateral
- Determine when a co-signer or guarantor can be required for a consumer loan
- Identify the documents a borrower’s spouse can be required to sign
- Fulfill your institution’s responsibilities to a borrower, co-signer, and guarantor
Your financial institution must properly document its consumer loans and properly perfect its security interest in collateral. Making a mistake in the documentation or perfection process often results in losing the ability to collect against the consumer and/or the collateral. This webinar will provide a thorough, up-to-date understanding of consumer loan documents and how to properly perfect security interests in all types of consumer personal property collateral, including motor vehicles and other titled property, deposit accounts, stocks and mutual funds, computers and equipment, furniture, accounts receivable, general intangibles, and contract rights. It will explain the situations where filing a UCC-1, taking possession, or obtaining a third-party control agreement is required for perfection. It will also address the compliance rules under Reg B and Reg Z that are applicable to consumer loan documentation. (This webinar will not cover real property collateral).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all those involved with consumer loans, including consumer loan officers, loan operations personnel, tellers, service representatives, compliance officers, attorneys, auditors, and managers.
- Sample loan documentation checklist (list of loan and perfection documents necessary for each loan type)
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Spencer Fane LLP
This Webinar Appears In
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC