Compliance Management Systems
StreamedJun 6, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
It’s been talked about for years, but what is a compliance management system and how is one put together?
What components should be included? What are the best practices? Take this opportunity to learn from the mistakes of others as a real-life case study will be examined.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand what regulators are looking for in a compliance management system (CMS)
- Use examination checklists as a policy/procedure guideline
- Define what constitutes an unfair, deceptive, or abusive act or practice
- Explain how an effective CMS benefits your organization
- Distinguish between regulatory violations, examiner recommendations, and regulator guidance
This webinar will explore the regulatory agencies’ CMS expectations and best practices. Going beyond written policies, it will look at the interplay between those policies, your internal and external compliance training needs, CMS documentation, and program monitoring. It will also address handling and tracking consumer complaints and how they can be used to identify CMS shortcomings. An FDIC enforcement action will be used to examine the steps one institution had to take to correct significant deficiencies in its consumer compliance areas. Learn the key components your CMS should address, including board and management oversight, compliance program, service provider oversight, and identification and correction of violations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit compliance personnel (whether dedicated specifically to compliance or charged with compliance within a specific department), auditors, and audit committee members.
- Model compliance policy
- CMS program outline
- Spreadsheet for tracking consumer complaints
- Consumer complaint resolution process model
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Great coverage of content and downloadable tools as takeaways."
- Melinda, Jonestown Bank & Trust Co.
Compliance Plus, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC