Call Report Preparation: Avoiding Common Errors
StreamedJul 18, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
No one likes to make mistakes.
But errors on Call Reports are worse because they are public and can lead to increased scrutiny from regulators – and investors. With so much at stake, this is the perfect time to learn about common errors and best practices to ensure consistency and accuracy.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify commonly misreported Call Report line items and ensure the accuracy of key items
- Understand the Call Report schedules that receive the most regulatory scrutiny and get tips for avoiding mistakes
- Recognize the relationships between schedules to ensure consistency throughout the Call Report
- Avoid common mistakes in reporting loans, both in Schedule RC-C and for regulatory capital in Schedule RC-R
- Establish best practices for Call Report audit and review
With regulatory reporting receiving increased scrutiny from regulators, auditors, investors, and others, it is imperative that the Call Report be accurately prepared. Regulators use Call Report data for offsite monitoring and to evaluate many aspects of the bank’s condition and operations. This session will focus on areas and individual line items within the Call Report that are commonly misreported and that could ultimately lead to greater regulatory scrutiny. The session will highlight key relationships between items and tips for ensuring the consistency and accuracy of Call Report schedules. Best practices for the audit and review process of the Call Report will also be addressed.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for Call Report preparers and reviewers, including CFOs, controllers, internal auditors, accounting and operations personnel, and others responsible for ensuring the accuracy of quarterly Call Report submissions.
- PDF booklet of relevant accounting and regulatory guidance
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"It covered what I expected and was very informative."
- Susan, First Security Trust & Savings Bank
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC