BSA Officer Part 2: BSA Reporting to the Board
StreamedMar 9, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
BSA officers have many tasks, especially regarding compliance.
Although the board of directors has ultimate authority, they rely upon the BSA officer and management to keep them informed and raise any red flags. BSA officers have the hefty responsibility of reporting to the board – accurately and honestly. Are your reports up to snuff?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand directors’ BSA responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive, ongoing BSA training program for the board
- Explain your institution’s existing BSA/AML risks and the impact of pending BSA regulation changes
- Use provided templates and information to create detailed board reports
- Distinguish the key details examiners will be looking for in your board reporting
Ultimate responsibility for your BSA program rests with the board. Since directors aren’t there to oversee the day-to-day operations, they must rely on the information provided by the BSA officer and management to make the strategic, risk-based decisions needed to maintain compliance and avoid costly incidents of fraud. What’s more, recent BSA enforcement actions have cited lack of board and management oversight as a significant violation.
BSA officer communication with the board starts with effective initial and ongoing training and continues with periodic reporting to keep directors informed on your BSA program and the ever-changing regulatory environment. This session will address appropriate training content, as well as the frequency and type of reporting most needed by the board. It will highlight the details that directors need most to support their decision-making and enhance their understanding of your institution’s BSA/AML risks. Learn current BSA hot buttons your board needs to understand to ensure your institution has implemented appropriate controls and dedicated resources to the areas of highest risk.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA/AML officers, compliance officers, and senior management.
- Sample BSA board report
- Director training documentation
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Relevant information and very informational."
- Ashlee, Bravera Bank
"This was one of the best webinars I have attended. The presenter was excellent and the material was great. Highly recommend attending this in the future."
- Linda, Geddes Federal Savings and Loan
"Dawn gave great information and new ideas of what to share with the board."
Andrea, Adirondack Bank
"I am still trying to become more knowledgeable with BSA. This training helped me to better understand what information I need to be sharing with the Board."
- Hayley, Kentucky Farmers Bank
Brode Consulting Services Inc
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC