Best Practices for Performing Quality-Control Loan Reviews
November 29, 2022
DateNov 29, 2022Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Performing effective quality-control loan reviews is an essential element that regulators want to see.
Afford yourself this opportunity to learn the key objectives of loan review, regulator expectations, methods, and so much more.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the key objectives of loan review
- Understand the importance of accurate internal loan grading
- Recognize the qualifications required to perform loan reviews
- Define the scope and depth of loan reviews
- Describe the methodology used to select loans for review
- Explain the results of the loan review to executive management
- Outline the regulatory expectations for conducting loan reviews
In today’s economic environment, managing the commercial and consumer loan portfolio is paramount to maintaining a safe and sound financial institution. The regulatory agencies are becoming more demanding in their review of financial institutions due to the trajectory of the pandemic, the uncertainty of its longer-term economic impact, and rising interest rates. In addition, there is ongoing geopolitical uncertainty, which could negatively affect financial institutions’ proﬁtability, credit quality, and loan growth going forward, and could adversely impact real estate and other asset values as well as borrowers’ repayment abilities.
In light of these issues, an ongoing secondary review process is critical. This webinar will address the regulatory expectation for establishing and maintaining a consistent, effective loan review process. Simply reviewing loan files has taken a back seat to assessing the overall loan management function, determining the corrective capabilities of an institution’s overall loan monitoring system, and determining the safeguards management has put in place to avoid future problems in the loan portfolio. Join us to learn more about the issues outlined above and potential solutions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for directors, audit committee members, CEOs, COOs, chief credit officers, senior loan officers, commercial loan officers, consumer lenders, loan review personnel, and branch managers.
- Sample loan review reports for management review
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Jeffery W. Johnson
Bankers Insight Group
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC