Avoiding UDAAP Claims, Errors & Penalties
StreamedSep 28, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
You may know that UDAAP stands for unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices, but do you know what these terms really mean?
Avoiding UDAAP enforcement actions – and the claims that lead to them – should be a high priority. Learn more about regulators’ expectations and situations that got other financial institutions into hot water.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define the terms unfair, deceptive, and abusive practices as they apply to financial institutions
- Track errors using a log/system to improve your process and train staff
- Understand the penalties for noncompliance
- Explain the processes for resolving claims related to substitute checks and items deposited through remote deposit capture
- Distinguish between regulatory error resolution processes for debit and credit cards
Enforcement actions, monetary penalties, and bad publicity – three things to avoid as much as possible. Properly handling complaints and error claims depends on your knowledge of the various regulatory requirements and examiners’ expectations for dealing fairly with accountholders. Every institution must take steps to avoid UDAAP (unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices) claims, but what does that mean exactly? What practices get financial institutions into trouble? This webinar will dive into regulators’ expectations and scrutinize activities that have led to UDAAP enforcement actions. It will also address the error-resolution requirements for open-end credit, credit cards, debit cards, international remittance, Check 21 (substitute checks) and remote deposit capture.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for frontline staff and supervisors, back-office staff (ACH, EFT, error complaints), compliance personnel, and auditors.
- Summary of error resolution processes
- Sample policy for resolving consumer claims and errors
- Complaint management log template
- Executive summary on UDAAP to share with other departments
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Plus, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC