Appraisal Requirements: A Comprehensive Regulatory Summary
StreamedMar 3, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
With so many appraisal guidelines and regulations, compliance can be challenging.
Join this webinar to increase your appraisal prowess – which will reflect well on you and benefit your institution.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use interagency guidelines for reviewing appraisals and valuations
- Define the exceptions for obtaining a formal appraisal
- Explain the fair lending concerns regarding property valuations
- Distinguish between what constitutes an appraisal versus a valuation
- Understand the safe harbor provisions for valuation independence
- Determine when appraisal notices and copies of valuations must be provided
Appraisal fair lending issues, court orders, and enforcement actions have been in the news lately. This webinar will cover what you need to know about the appraisal and valuation process. When lending on real property, it is important for the creditor to determine the value of the property – largely to ensure the loan amount is appropriate and, in some circumstances, to ensure the loan amount is safe in the event of a foreclosure. Numerous laws and regulations come into play, so it is important to understand how they affect your work, including ordering an appraisal, conducting a formal valuation review process, knowing when a formal appraisal is not required (saving time and money!), and what to do if there appears to be coercion or mischaracterization of value.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan officers, underwriters, staff responsible for reviewing or conducting appraisals or valuations, compliance professionals, and auditors.
- Online resource links for regulatory guidance documents
- Appraisal checklist and sample fair lending policy
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Plus, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC