StreamedFeb 24, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Advertising your financial institution’s products and services is not as straightforward as one might think.
There are very specific things that an institution may, may not, and must say, depending on the type of product or service being promoted. Attend this session for critical tips to stay compliant.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Differentiate between advertising requirements for open- and closed-end loans
- Use the CFPB’s Examiner’s Guide advertising checklists to create compliant advertisements
- Define what constitutes an advertisement
- Explain the use of required disclosures in advertisements for deposit and lending products
- Distinguish between advertisements that do and don’t trigger advertising disclosures
Are you confused about when an APR triggers additional disclosures in a loan ad, or whether you are required to include additional information in an advertisement for a savings account? This webinar will address the consumer protection regulations applicable to your institution’s marketing programs, including Truth in Savings, Truth in Lending, unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices (UDAAP), Fair Credit Reporting Act, insured accounts, equal housing lender, and more.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for marketing and advertising specialists, auditors, compliance personnel, and other staff who help promote your institution to consumers.
- Advertising checklists
- Links to additional online resources
- Sample advertising policy language
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Plus, Inc.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC