ACH Return Reason Codes: Commonly Used & Misused Codes
StreamedSep 12, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Would it surprise you to know there are almost six dozen ACH return reason codes?
With 70 codes in play, are you sure you are using (not misusing) the right ones? What timeframes and documents are involved? What about unusual timeframes that don’t fit into the standard or extended timeframes? Improve your accuracy and efficiency with this detailed, insightful webinar.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use the most appropriate return reason code to process ACH returns
- Identify the return reason codes for consumer versus non-consumer ACH entries
- Amend your institution’s procedures to include the requirements of a written statement of unauthorized debit (WSUD) for applicable return reason codes
- Explain the process for dishonored and contested/corrected dishonored returns
- Understand the general return timeframe and the extended return timeframe, as well as other timeframes applicable to ACH returns
This course is eligible for 1.8 AAP/APRP credits.
With 70 different return reason codes used by the ACH Network, assigning the most appropriate one can be challenging. Which return reason codes require a WSUD? How many days are there to process a return? What about the return reason codes with unusual timeframes that don’t fall into the standard or extended return timeframes? This session will answer all these questions and more, including an overview of dishonored returns, contested dishonored returns, and returns that are processed by the ACH operator or gateway.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session is ideal for both treasury management operations and ACH operations staff who are newer to their role, or more experienced staff wanting a refresher on the fundamentals of return reason codes.
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"We had both newbies to ACH and veterans and the webinar was good for both. Great information."
- Kelli, Mid America Bank
"Very informational and helpful to new ACH staff."
- Chantelle, Key Community Bank
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC