Thursday, November 9, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
It could happen today – one of your depositors dies. Your institution must act appropriately and promptly to avoid liability. This webinar will thoroughly explain the proper steps your institution should follow when a depositor dies, including best practices used by other institutions. Join us to learn the legal requirements and practical issues when a depositor dies.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Can you pay checks after the death of the accountholder?
- Who can negotiate a check made payable to the deceased accountholder?
- Who is entitled to the account upon the death of the accountholder?
- Can the decedent's accounts be setoff for debts owed to your institution?
- How should you deal with the estate or relatives of the deceased?
- When can Social Security funds be reclaimed from your institution?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample procedures for handling accounts of the deceased
- Guide to federal government ACH payment reclamations
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
RELATED WEBINAR STILL AVAILABLE!
|"When a Borrower Dies: Next Steps & Best Practices"
Thursday, June 29, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be useful to all deposit operations personnel, collectors, service representatives, compliance staff, attorneys, and managers.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.