Understanding Loan Participations & Syndications Part 2: Documentation, Servicing, Administration & Due Diligence
Thursday, October 19, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Community banks are using loan participations and syndications more frequently. In some instances, insufficient documentation, servicing, administration, and due diligence in a loan participation or syndication can cause significant credit losses for your bank. You can’t simply rely on the work product of the other institutions involved. You must keep up-to-date on the most effective risk management practices for participations and syndications. This webinar will address all important aspects of loan participations and syndications, including proper documentation, servicing, administration, and due diligence.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Review of loan participation and syndication documentation
- How to ensure the loan is being serviced properly
- Determining whether the lead bank is properly handling its administrative responsibilities
- Due diligence issues for loan participations and syndications
- How to best handle a loan default in a participation or a syndication situation
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- FDIC's Advisory on Effective Risk Management Practices for Purchased Loans and Purchased Loan Participations (November 2015)
- Sample loan participation agreement
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
PART 1 STILL AVAILABLE!"Understanding Loan Participations & Syndications Part 1:
Recognizing the Distinction & Determining the Best Solution"
Thursday, September 21, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit loan officers, loan operations personnel, credit administration staff, managers, compliance officers, and attorneys.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.