Revisiting TRID Line-by-Line Part 2: Closing Disclosure
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Since October 3, 2015, mortgage lenders have been under the CFPB’s TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID) requirements for applications. This operational experience has resulted in a certain comfort level with the TRID disclosures. However, to be in compliance, audit and quality control processes must be in place. The Closing Disclosure is complex and has transaction-specific requirements. While many lenders work with settlement agents to prepare and finalize the Closing Disclosure, TRID places the obligation on the lender to ensure accurate and complete disclosures.
The five-page Closing Disclosure contains numerous calculations, disclosures, and other information for borrowers – and a lender’s obligations can vary depending on the type of transaction or loan product. This webinar will examine the Closing Disclosure line-by-line and pay particular attention to the differences in purchase, refinance, and home equity transactions. Additionally, the requirements for both fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages will be addressed. Sample and annotated model forms will be used to demonstrate disclosure requirements in specific situations. This training will revisit the disclosure requirements of the Closing Disclosure and provide a refresher on formatting, rounding, terminology, and other content requirements. (Note: A line-by-line review of the Loan Estimate was provided during the webinar mentioned below.)
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Line-by-line review of the Closing Disclosure requirements
- Closing Disclosure variations based on transaction specifics
- Providing tolerance cures via lender credits
- Analysis of sample forms to demonstrate compliance
- Tips for pinpointing regulatory sections for additional research and confirmation
- Analysis of required calculations and disclosure obligations
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Guide for understanding the Closing Disclosure requirements
- Sample Closing Disclosure forms and annotated forms showing regulatory and legal citations
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
PART 1 STILL AVAILABLE!"Revisiting TRID Line-by-Line Part 1: Loan Estimate"
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for mortgage lenders, compliance staff, and audit teams. Having representatives from each department will ensure everyone is on the same page regarding the Closing Disclosure requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.