8:00 am – 9:30 am PT
9:00 am – 10:30 am MT
10:00 am – 11:30 am CT
11:00 am – 12:30 pm ET
In April 2018, the OCC, the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, and the FDIC (collectively, the agencies) adopted a final rule to amend regulations requiring appraisals of real estate for certain transactions. The final rule increased the threshold above which appraisals are required for commercial real estate transactions, from $250,000 to $500,000. This increase allows lenders to reduce the cost of credit for loans at or below the revised threshold for commercial real estate. However, some believe that community banks face a disadvantage if they are not able to perform in-house evaluations.
This presentation will provide guidance from which a sound real estate evaluation program can be started or strengthened. It will include a detailed discussion about required evaluation content, including the direct sales comparison, income, and cost approaches to market value. In addition, the webinar will address previously defined appraisal exceptions, circumstances when an appraisal may be more appropriate, and the validation of previously established valuations, including the useful life of a valuation.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- April 2018 threshold and other thresholds that did not increase
- Appraisal exemptions and other circumstances when an evaluation is permitted
- Required content and supporting information for real property evaluations
- Defining market value
- Three approaches to value: direct sales comparison, income, and cost
- Use of tax assessment value
- Supporting source information
- When an appraisal should be ordered
- Validity of previous valuations
- Factors in determining the validity of a previously developed appraisal/evaluation
- Documenting validation
- What is a subsequent transaction and when is it appropriate to use a validation?
- When should a new appraisal be ordered?
- Independence standards – who should order the evaluation and develop it?
- Who should review the evaluation or validation?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Presentation manual, including required contents list
- Validation worksheet for previously developed valuations
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Red Flags in Residential Appraisal Compliance"
Thursday, June 7, 2018
"Mortgage Lender Training Part 3: Mortgage Life-of-Loan:
Decision-Making, Appraisals, Post-Closing Requirements"
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The presentation will address all aspects of evaluation development and validation of previously prepared appraisals and evaluations. It will benefit real estate underwriters, lending officers, loan support personnel, appraisal management staff, credit administrative staff, auditors, and loan reviewers.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.