12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Signature guarantees are not new, but financial losses and administrative problems associated with them are increasing. Many bankers do not understand their responsibilities when guaranteeing a signature or when using a Medallion stamp. This can expose the bank to substantial liability. The FDIC mandates that all financial institutions that issue or accept signature guarantees must have effective internal controls to mitigate the losses and problems associated with signature guarantees.
Would your bank pass this test? Do you know the differences between the various signature guarantees, including the STAMP Medallion Program? Join us and learn the situations in which each type of signature guarantee is required, including analysis of the risks and liabilities to your bank.
NOTE: This seminar is not sponsored by or affiliated with the STAMP Medallion Program.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Distinguish among the various types of signature guarantees
- Explanation of STAMP Medallion Program
- Practical examples of common situations and how to handle them
- Bank liability and how to reduce that risk
- Proper identification of parties
- Proper questions to ask: Is the signature genuine? Is the signer the appropriate party? Does the signer have legal capacity?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Checklist of the proper questions to ask before your bank guarantees a signature
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for any staff member that issues or accepts signature guarantees or participates in the STAMP Medallion Program.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.