Wednesday, September 27, 2017
8:00 am – 9:30 am PT
9:00 am – 10:30 am MT
10:00 am – 11:30 am CT
11:00 am – 12:30 pm ET
Attracting and retaining key personnel is a hot button issue. With so many community banks feeling the impact of an aging management team, attracting and keeping quality talent is a big concern – and it can include a big price tag. The reality is community banks must be willing to pay for talent. However, “pay” equals more than dollars and cents. This webinar will focus on how boards can ensure their institutions attract and keep a quality management team and employee base. The program will highlight industry compensation trends and various compensation structures, incentive alternatives, beneficial employment contract provisions, and employee ownership opportunities. It will also address the succession planning process and briefly discuss director compensation, as well as how to avoid the “Wells Fargo” problem.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Why top talent matters to boards
- Appropriately defining your compensation culture
- Overview of current trends in executive compensation
- Strategies for attracting and retaining quality employees
- Long-term, medium-term, and short-term incentives
- The benefit of employee ownership
- How to effectively plan for management succession
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Clients and Friends Memo – Incentive Compensation Guidance
- Clients and Friends Memo – Types of Incentive Compensation Plans
- Sample management succession plan
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for directors and executive officers of community banks.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.