12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
More changes to chargeback procedures are coming in April 2019 with Mastercard’s dispute resolution initiative. While the details are still forthcoming, Mastercard hopes the changes will prevent invalid disputes and streamline the process from end-to-end. The first phase, already effective in October, made minor edits to reason codes and cardholder documentation. Phase two comes this spring and eliminates a few reason codes and adjusts some timeframes. Compliance is crucial because failure to adhere to Mastercard dispute rules can result in loss of chargeback rights for your institution.
Fraud and authorization-related claims consistently contribute at least 80% of the disputes reported by cardholders. This webinar will focus primarily on the claim reason codes related to fraud disputes and explain the specifics of an issuer’s ability to submit a payment recovery claim.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- What information is needed from the cardholder?
- How is authorization data used to determine when chargeback rights are available?
- What happens when funds cannot be recovered from the merchant through a chargeback?
- How the Mastercard zero liability rule factors into compliance obligations
- Overview of the merchant authorization process
- A simple way to differentiate fraud chargeback claims from non-fraud claims
- Requirements for an EMV liability shift claim
- Maximum timeframes for submitting claims requests
- Complete Mastercard dispute resolution cycle
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample cardholder dispute form
- Quick-reference comparison of Regulation E and Mastercard rules
- Link to publicly available Mastercard rules
- Reference websites
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Debit Card Chargebacks: Understanding Visa Claims Resolution"
Thursday, February 28, 2019
All webinars are available for six months after broadcast
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for the frontline, EFT operations staff, and their managers at financial institutions that issue Mastercard debit cards.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.