8:00 am – 9:30 am PT
9:00 am – 10:30 am MT
10:00 am – 11:30 am CT
11:00 am – 12:30 pm ET
Commercial real estate (CRE) lending is a significant component of many community banks’ lending strategy. CRE lending has the potential for profitable long-term lending relationships, but also presents unique risks. This webinar will provide an overview of how to effectively originate new CRE loans and monitor existing ones. The program will focus on the subset of CRE loans defined as non-owner-occupied – loans where rental income from unrelated parties comprises most of the cash flow used by the borrower to repay the loan. Join us to learn how the principles of sound lending can be effectively applied to non-owner-occupied CRE loans. (Attendees should have some basic lending and cash flow knowledge.)
Note: Acquisition, development, and construction (ADC) lending, a specialized subset of non-owner-occupied CRE lending, will not be covered.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Loan structuring, underwriting, and monitoring considerations for:
- Commercial rental properties, such as retail, office, or industrial properties
- Multifamily residential properties
- Hotels – with their own unique issues to consider
- Ensuring the appraisal process adds value to your underwriting
- Practically and effectively monitoring and managing risk at the portfolio level – not just transaction-by-transaction
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- List of common CRE lending recommendations and issues developed when conducting independent loan reviews for community banks
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Auditing Your Loan Portfolio: Consumer, Commercial & Real Estate"
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for commercial lenders and credit analysts involved in commercial real estate lending, especially those with beginning and intermediate levels of experience. Senior lenders and chief credit officers with limited CRE experience may also benefit.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.