20 UCC Provisions You Must Know When Cashing or Depositing Checks
Thursday, July 27, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Remember checks? Although the use of checks has declined significantly due to the rise of digital payments, billions of them are still written each year. How well do you know UCC Articles 3 and 4 (otherwise known as “the law of checks”)? UCC Articles 3 and 4 provide the invaluable framework and rules for cashing and depositing checks. If your staff isn’t familiar with these rules, there is an increased chance of losses due to improperly negotiated or fraudulent checks. Join us for this webinar to gain the information needed to properly process check-related transactions.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- The most important provisions of UCC Articles 3 and 4
- Examples of UCC negotiability and indorsement requirements
- "What if" scenarios for accepting checks
- Ethical and insurance implications regarding UCC Articles 3 and 4
- Limiting exposure to fraud and other losses
- Case law examples of how the UCC has been applied
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Requirements for negotiability
- Requirements for a holder in due course
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session would best suit tellers, service representatives, compliance personnel, and risk staff.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.