This is a 90-minute webinar.
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Are you on the frontline? Those who are literally on the frontline of the financial industry are the first line of defense against money laundering and terrorist activities. It’s an important job! Join us to learn the Bank Secrecy Act’s specific requirements for the frontline and all the compliance-driven details that auditors and examiners care about.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the BSA requirements specific to your areas of responsibility
- Explain why certain information is required to set up an account and the due diligence collection and retention of that information
- Describe the characteristics of money laundering
- Identify suspicious activities
- Define common patterns of suspicious activity, including smurfing, structuring, money mules, account takeover, and more
- Distinguish between identity theft and synthetic identity
- Understand the identification, recordkeeping, and reporting requirements for CTRs, SARs, and other BSA-related issues
BSA compliance remains one of the hottest topics for examiners and auditors. Frontline staff are considered the first tier in identifying, preventing, and mitigating potential money laundering and terrorist financing activities. This webinar will explain the specific requirements of their job duties related directly to BSA/AML and anti-terrorist financing compliance.
From opening accounts, due diligence, and recognizing when enhanced due diligence may be necessary, to red flags for account opening and transactions, this webinar will teach staff their responsibilities. It will address the reasons behind the tasks they are asked to do and, most importantly, provide useful tools and red flag takeaways to help them do it. FinCEN guidance on human trafficking, unemployment insurance fraud, and other COVID-19-related red flags highlight the need to keep abreast of recent developments, frauds, and money-laundering techniques and trends. This could be the most important training your frontline receives all year!
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to tellers, financial services and new accounts representatives, loan intake personnel, call centers, branch management and operations staff, compliance personnel, and auditors.
- CTR and SAR cheat sheets
- Identity theft red flags
- BSA red flags for the frontline
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.