12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Managing dual control and cash limits is a critical responsibility in any business, but even more so in the financial industry. The teller’s role is integral to creating solid control processes. This program will explain the reasoning behind the procedures, outline potential consequences of cutting corners, and reinforce the importance of managing dual controls and working within established cash limits. Examples of various control logs and procedures will be provided.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Relating the “fraud triangle” to frontline operations
- How to maintain the proper cash limits, including procedures for ordering and sending cash to the Federal Reserve or your cash courier service
- Dual control issues and procedures:
- Vault entry logs and cash
- Security logs (e.g., bait money, security device logs, etc.)
- Teller and ATM audits
- Financial loss scenarios to demonstrate internal control breakdowns and resulting legal and reputational risk
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Written procedures covering dual control for frontline functions
- Written procedures for cash limits
- Audit steps to test the documentation trail
- Sample logs
- Case studies designed to reinforce dual control and cash limits
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for tellers, head tellers, assistant head tellers, branch trainers, and auditors.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.