One of a bank director’s primary responsibilities is to oversee business performance. This is a difficult challenge without specific banking knowledge. The answer to that challenge is understanding the Uniform Bank Performance Report (UBPR) which is published through the FDIC. The UBPR analyzes every aspect of bank performance and compares that information to your peer group. Learn how to compare your bank’s net interest margin, overhead, loan quality, allowance for loan and lease losses, and efficiency with your peers. After this webinar, you will have a firm foundation for asking questions of management, and most importantly, fulfilling your responsibility to oversee business performance.
Recorded Thursday, January 9, 2014
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Examine your bank the way regulators do
- Understand and improve bank profitability
- Components of net interest margin
- Compare asset quality with others
- Gain perspective on the allowance for loan and lease losses
- Get the UBPR for your bank and competitors
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- An easy-to-use model for calculating the dollar amount of peer differences
- An easy-to-use model for graphing historical ratio relationships
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for community bank presidents, CFOs, and board members who want to remain proactive in dealing with bank capital.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.