Required Compliance for Commercial Loans Secured by Real Estate
Tuesday, November 7, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Which regulations apply to commercial loans that are secured by real estate? Are there any exceptions when the real estate is taken as “an abundance of caution”? Do commercial lenders and support staff at your bank understand the data collection required for HMDA-reportable applications? Is a written application required for a business-purpose loan? Join this fast-paced webinar to understand the application process with step-by-step instructions and actual examples that explain the applicable regulatory requirements in easy-to-understand terms.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- What determines whether the application is for a business or consumer purpose?
- Compliance requirements when real estate is taken as collateral
- Review of the required disclosure for the "Right to Receive a Copy of Appraisal"
- Who gets the notice and what are the timing rules?
- This applies to first lien loans of 1-4 units, regardless of purpose – there is no "business-purpose" exception
- Common compliance violations when real estate has been taken as collateral for a commercial loan
- Overview of HMDA requirements and preview of changes to business-purpose loans when the new rules become effective January 1, 2018
- Flood insurance: unique challenges with commercial buildings and collateral
- There are four "trip-wire" events for flood insurance – learn the new rules for "detached structure on residential property"
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Matrix of 28 loan types, including required disclosures for consumer and commercial loans, with explanations about real-estate-secured loans
- Checklists identifying which regulations apply to commercial credit and the exemptions
- Step-by-step HMDA controls for 2017 reporting activity that is submitted by March 1, 2018
- Tips for reporting Business-Purpose Applications under the 2018 rules
- Fair lending policy – business-purpose loans are covered by the Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
RELATED WEBINAR STILL AVAILABLE!
|"Advanced Commercial Loan Documentation"
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit loan officers, assistants, processors, loan operations staff, compliance officers, auditors, and trainers.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide bank webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on bank education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.