Report Writing for Auditors: Tips, Tools & Best Practices
Monday, June 5, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Writing a report to document a recent compliance review or internal audit doesn’t have to be a white-knuckle experience! This webinar will break down the written report into manageable sections and address the purpose and content of each section. It will also focus on writing findings and recommendations that identify an issue’s root cause and guide management to the necessary corrective action for the exception noted. You will learn the steps to follow throughout the audit to ensure management isn’t caught off guard by the report’s contents. While no single report format will work for all financial institutions, everyone needs a report with clear content that meets the reader’s needs and prompts management’s response to your recommendations.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Key elements of an effective audit report
- Importance of communication throughout the audit process, including presenting the report
- How to write findings that identify the root cause of the exception
- Teaching management how to develop written responses that appropriately identify corrective action steps
- Tips for handling audit and report challenges
- After the final report… the audit exception log
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample audit report including report rating methodology
- Audit exception log to track the resolution of the action items within the audit report
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, internal auditors, or any staff that needs to formulate a report based upon an internal review (e.g., quality control or risk management personnel).
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.