Regulation E Series:
How to Handle Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfers Under Reg E
Thursday, May 25, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The rise in the number of electronic payments and devices has increased the number of unauthorized electronic fund transfers (EFTs). Reg E provides protections for consumers from unauthorized EFTs – and also imposes many responsibilities and obligations on your financial institution. Reg E is complicated and, given the rapidly changing types of electronic payments and devices, there is often confusion as to whether Reg E applies. It is further complicated because there is a legal distinction between a Reg E claim and a merchant dispute under the Visa/MC rules. This webinar will explain how to properly handle unauthorized EFTs under Reg E.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- What transactions are covered by Reg E?
- What are your institution’s responsibilities under Reg E?
- What transactions are deemed to be unauthorized?
- When can the consumer be held liable for an unauthorized EFT?
- How to properly handle unauthorized EFT claims
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Easy-to-follow matrix to determine dollar amount of the consumer’s liability
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Don’t Miss the Other Regulation E Series Webinars!
|Sign up for the entire series and receive 6 webinars for the price of 5!|
|Click here to learn more about the Regulation E Series|
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit all deposit personnel, tellers, service representatives, new accounts personnel, account officers, managers, auditors, and compliance staff.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.