12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Someone wants to open a business account. Do you know what type of business it is and the documentation you should request? How do you determine whether the person has the proper authority to open the account and what that authority means? What regulatory requirements are applicable to business accounts? From sole proprietorships to corporations and everything in between, this program will provide details about the correct documents and proper use of taxpayer identification numbers for business accounts.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- How will the new beneficial ownership requirements affect the account opening process?
- What documents should be required from a business before establishing an account?
- Are there specific account agreements and signature cards for businesses? How do they differ from natural person accounts?
- Who has authority to establish an account and where is that information found?
- When is it important to obtain additional information regarding account use?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Types of businesses and required documentation
- BSA red flags for business accounts
- Certification of beneficial ownership model
- Business due diligence checklist
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for anyone opening new accounts, taking deposits, or handling transactions at the teller line, by mail, ATM, or call center, including: new accounts representatives, service representatives, tellers, compliance staff, and auditors.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.