This webinar will provide an overview of managing troubled debt restructurings (TDRs) from initial identification to ultimate resolution. The ideal resolution is for the borrower to improve to the extent that no financial difficulty is demonstrated, the loan can be rewritten at market terms, and it is no longer identified as a TDR. Join us to learn what is necessary before such action can be taken. You will also learn about many other TDR considerations, including determining the proper risk rating and accrual status, performing the impairment analysis, and charge-off requirements. In addition, this webinar will look ahead at what CECL (current expected credit loss model) means for how TDRs are considered in the allowance process, because CECL which will significantly change the ALLL process for all financial institutions.
Recorded Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Keys to identifying TDRs and processes to ensure appropriate recognition of TDRs
- Important accounting and regulatory guidance related to TDRs
- How risk ratings, accrual status, and charge-offs should be determined for TDRs
- What does the often-repeated statement “once a TDR, always a TDR” mean for financial institutions in 2017?
- Proper impairment analysis and allowance estimation practices as they relate to TDRs
- Insight on how institutions might handle TDRs under CECL
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- List of important accounting and regulatory references for TDR rules
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for lenders and staff responsible for credit administration, credit risk management, and accounting.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.