12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Managing IRA beneficiary designations and explaining allowable distribution options to IRA beneficiaries may be the most complex part of administering an IRA program. Designed for IRA staff with operational, reporting or managerial responsibilities or direct IRA owner contact, this session will provide a thorough understanding of the rules and best practices surrounding IRA beneficiary designations and required death distributions. In addition, you’ll learn your responsibilities when calculating, handling, and processing required minimum distributions (RMDs) from Traditional IRA accounts.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Understand the four most common categories of beneficiary designations
- Review proper documentation of beneficiary designations
- Discuss allowable beneficiary distribution options
- Review of quick reference beneficiary options chart
- Learn the obligations of the IRA custodian regarding the notification and calculation of required minimum distributions
- Know how to properly calculate RMDs
- Analyze the RMD reporting requirements to the IRS and the IRA owner
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session is designed for individuals who deal with IRAs, whether face-to-face with IRA account owners, behind the scenes in the IRA operations area, or in a supervisory or managerial capacity. Licensed insurance representatives and registered representatives will also benefit. After this session, you will have a greater understanding of what is important and required when handling and processing IRA beneficiary designations, distributions, and required minimum distributions.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.