12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Are you up-to-date with the important issues facing both IRA owners and custodians? How do you handle IRA distributions due to divorce? When are IRA accounts subject to an IRS levy request? What are the best practices for dealing with power-of-attorney requests, IRA beneficiary disclaimers, and remitting abandoned IRA assets to the state? This session will cover these important issues that impact your IRA program.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Handling a transfer versus a distribution subject to divorce notice
- How to process IRS levy requests
- Learn when IRA accounts are not subject to a levy notice
- Scope, authority, limitations, and best practices regarding powers-of-attorney
- Requirements of a valid beneficiary disclaimer
- Why some beneficiaries want to disclaim IRA assets
- An IRA custodian’s responsibilities when remitting abandoned property, including federal income tax withholding implications
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session will provide practical and timely information to staff who have IRA operational, compliance, reporting, or managerial responsibilities. It will also provide those with direct IRA owner contact, including service representatives, licensed insurance representatives, and registered representatives, with current information and reference tools needed to confidently provide answers to commonly asked questions.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.