12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The FFIEC’s Appendix J is an important amendment covering four key business continuity principles that should be addressed with vendors. Appendix J focuses on financial institutions’ responsibility to strengthen technology resilience and maintain sound practices, regardless of whether technology services are outsourced. If your operations go down when your third party goes down, both you and your vendor need a strong prevention and remediation plan for this potentially high-impact event.
A strong vendor management program ensures your vendors have the right plans in place if disaster strikes. Join this session to learn the important aspects of the Appendix J guidance and how it relates to business continuity issues.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Four key principles of Appendix J from the FFIEC IT Examination Handbook
- Appendix J’s impact on your other third-party risk practices
- How business continuity affects the six vendor management pillars
- Best practices in vendor management
- What to do when disaster strikes
- Importance of a risk-based approach
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Disaster recovery infographic – how and why it extends to your third parties
- Infographic – business continuity in relation to your third parties
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Vendor Outsourcing: Due Diligence, Contracts, Risks & Oversight"
Thursday, September 20, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar will benefit compliance officers, compliance staff, internal auditors, risk management personnel, chief operating officers, chief risk officers, and those involved in third-party risk management.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.