Debit Card Chargebacks: Rules, Rights, Challenges & Best Practices
Wednesday, June 14, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
MasterCard® and Visa® debit card chargeback rules are complicated and vary greatly based on merchant type and other transaction-related conditions. The EMV® liability shift conditions in October 2015 added to the complexity, especially for issuers with both magnetic-stripe-only and chip cards in their cardholders’ hands. Failure to adhere to the card brands’ rules and time limits can cause a loss of chargeback rights for your institution.
What information do you need from the cardholder? How do you determine when chargeback rights are available? What happens when you cannot recover funds from the merchant through a chargeback? This webinar will unravel the mystery surrounding the chargeback process.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Overview of the merchant authorization process
- Explanation of the documentation required
- A simple way to differentiate fraudulent chargeback claims from legitimate ones
- Specific requirements for EMV liability shift chargebacks
- All maximum timeframes for submitting chargeback requests
- The complete chargeback process for each brand
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- A fraud-related chargeback workflow decision chart for each brand
- Sample cardholder dispute form
- List of MasterCard and Visa reference websites
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for frontline and operations staff of institutions who issue either MasterCard or Visa debit cards to accountholders.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.