12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Whenever a loan requires a joint signer, or a joint signer is offered, federal regulations affect the process. Joint signers have rights under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B) and the Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z). This webinar will address joint signers’ rights and the financial institution’s obligation to protect those rights. Errors in this portion of the fair lending environment can negatively impact your institution in many ways. (Note: This program will not cover the legal requirements or other issues specific to state law.)
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Definitions that affect lending situations with joint signers
- Joint signers’ rights and responsibilities
- Specific notification requirements
- Rights under rescission rules
- General rules regarding collection
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Detailed manual covering all appropriate regulatory requirements
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Consumer Loan Documentation"
Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Availability extended until March 31, 2019
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all lenders, staff, and management at all levels. It will also benefit those responsible for fair lending audit or management.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.