Banks have routinely handled customer inquiries and complaints with limited resolution requirements and mainly as a service priority. The regulatory environment for handling consumer complaints has changed significantly with:
- New consumer protection laws
- A new federal agency (CFPB) devoted to consumer financial protection
- A strong mandate to the federal banking agencies to emphasize consumer protection
- Online complaint portals and comprehensive complaint database tracking
In this new "consumer complaint" environment, banks are faced with increased regulatory pressure to develop and implement dynamic customer complaint response programs and policies. This webinar will address the regulatory forces and requirements for complaint resolution response programs and the framework for a customer response program.
Recorded Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Regulatory requirements for handling customer inquiries and complaints
- Understanding the broad universe of complaints and resolution channels
- Organizing an enterprise wide customer complaint and response program
- Elements of a comprehensive customer response policy
- Pitfalls and best practices for handling customer complaints
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- CFPB, FDIC, and OCC resource guide for consumer/customer complaints
- Customer response program checklist
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is for senior management, operations, internal auditors, and compliance officers.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.