In the wake of the financial crisis, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) has been very active. Financial accounting for community banks continues to evolve much like compliance regulations. The new standards are more complex and have longer implementation periods. Now is the time to start learning and planning. Recently issued accounting standards and others on the immediate horizon will require additional information from existing systems and will impact decision making at every institution, regardless of asset size.
How will the new lease accounting standard impact your institution’s balance sheet? What is the current status of the new CECL model for accounting for the ALLL? How should your bank prepare for it? What are other important accounting issues auditors and regulators are focusing on in the current environment? This webinar will answer these questions, highlight recent and proposed accounting changes, provide a refresher on accounting topics that are making a comeback, and clarify topics that are continuing to cause confusion.
Recorded Wednesday, July 13, 2016
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Overview of the new lease accounting standard
- Developments on the current expected credit loss model (CECL) for ALLL accounting
- Stock compensation issues making a comeback
- Problem asset accounting and areas still causing confusion
- Defining a public business entity – key for new standards implementation
- Other relevant accounting topics affecting community banks
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- PDF booklet of the relevant accounting and regulatory guidance
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for financial accounting professionals including CFOs, controllers, other bank accountants, those charged with governance, and auditors.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTERS