12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Compliance training is critical for lenders. In addition to existing regulations, many financial institutions are still adjusting to the sweeping HMDA changes that became effective January 1, 2018. BSA requirements for beneficial ownership are effective May 11, 2018, for legal entities. This session will cover key lending compliance areas by job function for consumer, mortgage, and commercial lenders, including the Equal Credit Opportunity Act and flood insurance rules for consumer and commercial structures. It will also outline “Five Reasons Lenders Should Have BSA Training.”
- BSA and CIP in lending, due diligence for detecting money laundering, and suspicious activity report (SAR) basics
- Overview of beneficial ownership rules
- Reg B requirements for the life of the loan, including application tips
- Applies to consumer, mortgage, and commercial loan applications
- Overview of HMDA data collection, common problems, best practices, and review of new rules effective January 1, 2018
- Flood requirements overview, the four tripwire events, changes for detached structures on residential property, and review of requirements for commercial purpose loans and content coverage
- Special concerns about credit report accuracy, permissible purpose, and handling disputes under FCRA
- Most common lending compliance errors and how to prevent violations
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Matrix of 28 types of real-estate-secured loans (consumer and commercial) showing the requirements and timetable for disclosures
- HMDA flowchart for the 2018 rules
- Matrix of suggested training topics for consumer, mortgage, and commercial lenders and loan operations staff
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, auditors, loan officers, loan assistants, and loan administration staff. It is designed for both new and more experienced lenders who want a review of existing requirements.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.