12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Rates are rising. Asset liability management strategies used for the last several years may not work going forward. This webinar will explain how to build strategies to protect and even grow your net interest margin in a rising rate environment. Information will be provided to help you determine the following:
- Impact of growth in non-maturity accounts
- Impact of a competitor raising non-maturity account interest rates
- Role of special-rate certificates – determining the real cost
- Role of wholesale funding – how much is acceptable
- When does it make sense to be the frontrunner in raising deposit rates?
- Current trend line in net interest margin
- Current trend line in net profit
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Effectively measure interest-rate risk
- Model the cost of special-rate certificates
- Model the rate for a loan that generates a return on equity goal
- Mitigate the negative impact of changing rates
- Utilize wholesale funding for profit and risk mitigation
- Regulatory concerns that could negatively impact CAMELS
- ALCO duties
- Establishment of realistic risk parameters
- Importance of IRR validation – auditing the process
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- NEW: Interactive Quiz to measure staff learning
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This program is best suited for C-suite officers, board members, audit committee members, and ALCO members who want to learn concepts that can improve profitability in a rising-rate environment.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.