With the continued merger and acquisition activity in the banking industry, many community banks are appropriately trying to identify their role in the shuffle. While some institutions are positioning themselves to sell or are proactively seeking a target, some simply wish to remain an independently operated bank within the community.
This webinar will explore three primary means of remaining an independent community bank in a consolidation environment, including the necessity of returning to core profitability, ensuring your bank is in the optimal organizational structure, and appropriately planning for independence. For those institutions considering a merger or acquisition, this presentation will also provide an overview of the acquisition process and highlight key strategies for both buyers and sellers.
Recorded Monday, August 18, 2014
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- The current mergers and acquisitions environment
- Understanding means of restoring core profitability
- Overview of available organizational structures to maximize profitability
- Importance of strategic planning
- Understanding the entire acquisition process, including due diligence responsibilities
- How to make the strategic decision whether to buy another bank or branch
- How to strategically position your bank to sell
- Proper treatment of an unsolicited offer
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Ten commandments for successful strategic planning
- Five common mistakes of buyers and sellers
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for directors and senior management.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.