Whether you are a brand new employee or have been there for some time, this session will provide valuable information regarding the key ins and outs of your bank. Attending this webinar will make you a more well-rounded employee, because you will better understand the industry and gain increased working knowledge of the entire bank – not just your area. Join us to learn more about a bank’s internal workings and see how all departments are interrelated.
Recorded Wednesday, September 23, 2015
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Short primer on how financial institutions came to be, how the financial sector works, and how banks fit into the big picture
- Supervision and regulation: Why do we have examiners? What kind of exams do banks go through?
- What is the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and how does it affect banks?
- Key responsibilities of deposit operations – front- and back-of-house
- The lending process
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample cheat sheet on the regulations that affect banks
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON’T MISS PART 2!
This program is the first of two in a series. Watch for: "Basic Banking for New Employees Part 2: Regulatory Issues, Exams, Audits" on Tuesday, November 17, 2015
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to new employees, but will also help all employees in your bank to learn more about the industry as a whole, including bank-specific issues.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.