Advanced Commercial Loan Documentation
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Commercial loans carry the most risk and technical requirements, and therefore receive the most examiner scrutiny. This webinar is designed to go beyond the basics. It will provide a better understanding of protections and safeguards to implement when drafting loan and collateral security documents and underwriting the loan – and explain how to avoid the hazards. This must-attend webinar is for commercial lenders seeking more advanced training.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Identifying parties to the loan. Who needs to sign what? Know who owns, guarantees, and is authorized/required to sign which documents.
- Loan agreement covenants. When should more than boilerplate covenants be considered?
- Perfection of security interest. Different types of collateral (marketable securities, deposit accounts, life insurance policies, equipment and inventory, contracts or receivables, leases, etc.).
- Title insurance policies. Endorsements and exceptions.
- Subordination agreements. When to get them, what is actually being subordinated (repayment priority, lien position), and when to ask for subordination of loans to shareholders.
- Documenting commercial construction loans.
- Compliance hot spots in commercial lending.
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Commercial loan documentation checklist
- Commercial real estate documentation checklist
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
RELATED WEBINAR STILL AVAILABLE!
|"Required Compliance for Commercial Loans Secured by Real Estate"
Tuesday, November 7, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for commercial lenders, support staff, loan review staff, and auditors.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.