Wednesday, August 16, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The CFPB continues to monitor complaints and issue fair lending enforcement actions. Is your institution at risk? The time to detect a fair lending problem is prior to a federal examination. This program will focus on problems that are based on management’s lending approach, which create unintentional fair lending issues. You will learn techniques to determine fair lending risk levels. Although these techniques don’t take much time, they are very effective in determining what your risk level may be and how to avoid enforcement actions and reputational damage. All techniques can be mixed and matched to create a customized risk assessment for internal use.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Management and lending-process issues and their fair lending impact
- Techniques to determine fair lending risk levels
- Avoiding enforcement actions and reputational damage
- Conducting reviews: general fair lending, pricing, race and ethnicity, and gender
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for anyone with lending responsibilities, as fair lending issues are ever-present in the process. Even if your responsibilities do not include reviews, the techniques presented will serve as a guide to your fair lending responsibilities.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.