12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Regulation E protects consumers from unauthorized ATM and debit card transactions, which imposes many responsibilities and liabilities on financial institutions. Fraud losses continue to increase from counterfeit ATM/debit cards and the unauthorized use of validly issued ATM/debit cards. Reg E is a complex set of rules and deadlines that must be followed when responding to accountholder claims. Did you know that the Reg E rules are different depending on whether an ATM/debit card or other access device was actually used in the transaction? This webinar will explain how to properly handle all types of unauthorized ATM/debit card claims and how to accurately calculate the amount, if any, that must be reimbursed to the accountholder.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- What constitutes an unauthorized transaction under Reg E?
- Responsibilities to the accountholder under Reg E and related deadlines
- How to calculate your institution’s liability under Reg E depending on whether an ATM/debit card or other access device was used
- What your institution can and can’t require of the accountholder
- Who is liable for counterfeit ATM/debit cards?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Easy-to-follow matrix to determine the dollar amount of your institution’s liability
- Model Reg E disclosures explaining the accountholder’s liability
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit all deposit staff, tellers, service representatives, new accounts personnel, account officers, managers, auditors, attorneys, and compliance staff.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.