12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
What does the new Community Bank Leverage Ratio mean for your bank? And how does risk-based capital fit in?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the rationale of Congress requiring a Community Bank Leverage Ratio (CBLR)
- Determine whether your bank should opt-in or opt-out, and the advantages of each
- Evaluate the potential implications if your bank does not meet this ratio
- Know when it’s in the bank’s best interest to not meet the CBLR
- Project future capital ratios
- Analyze the role capital plays in shareholder value
- Understand the inverse relationship between capital and return on equity
- Appreciate the importance of integrating capital planning with strategic planning
- Review the regulatory model for stressing capital
- Employ a practical approach for developing a capital contingency plan
Congress has created a conflict for bank regulators. President Trump signed the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief and Consumer Protection Act on May 24, 2018. This law requires bank regulators to establish a Community Bank Leverage Ratio for banks under $10 billion in assets, that would provide a well-capitalized bank designation for banks that meet this ratio, regardless of risk-based capital. The FDIC has set the Community Bank Leverage Ratio at 9.0%. The conflict is that regulators believe that one size does not fit all – one capital level does not fit all banks. The amount of capital to determine capital adequacy depends on the risk within the bank. This webinar will explain and make sense of this conflict, and then use the information to benefit your bank. It will also address balancing the impression from regulators that banks need more capital, with the importance of increasing shareholder value.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for CEOs, other senior officers, and board members.
- Example of methodologies to:
- Forecast your Community Bank Leverage Ratio
- Determine shareholder value based on return on equity
- Stress test capital
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.