12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Thanks to the pandemic, minimal delinquency rates are a thing of the past. Now your staff must be geared up to compliantly address mortgage loan delinquencies, collection efforts, foreclosures, and tenant rights. Are your best practices up to snuff?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain protections for tenants and mortgage loan borrowers under the CARES Act
- Correctly calculate delinquency periods
- Ensure accurate disclosure of foreclosure information on the Closing Disclosure
- Meet your institution’s obligations under the Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act
- Implement the mortgage servicing provisions of Reg X and Reg Z triggered by a borrower’s delinquency
- Recognize unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices in collecting mortgage debts
- Identify loan fraud red flags
- Share effective tools with borrowers to help during difficult times
Delinquency rates were minimal – until the pandemic hit. Now, financial institutions need to be ready with policies, procedures, and knowledgeable staff to address mortgage loan delinquencies, collection efforts, and foreclosures. This session will address numerous compliance laws and regulations that impact collection and foreclosure processes, including Regulation X, Regulation Z, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, CARES Act, and the Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act.
Since collections are often the lead category of consumer complaints received by the CFPB, this is an ideal opportunity to review the applicable rules, ensure your procedures are compliant, and encourage use of best practices. Participants will receive tools to educate borrowers during these challenging times and also learn red flags for identifying potential debt collection scams and loan fraud.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit mortgage loan officers, loan operations personnel, credit administration staff, collection personnel, compliance staff, auditors, and others involved in the mortgage collection process.
- Educational resources for training staff and borrowers
- Tool for calculating delinquency dates and required notices
- Sample policy and checklist for protecting tenants at foreclosure
- Sample letter for contacting tenants
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.