This is a 90-minute webinar.
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
If you’re new to the underwriting process, this webinar is designed just for you! Learn the essentials of underwriting, including documentation, calculations, analysis, and regulatory compliance. You’ll walk away with tools and tips that will help you every day.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the primary questions that underwriting should address
- Follow Regulation B dos and don’ts for requesting and analyzing financial information
- Calculate a borrower’s monthly income consistently and accurately, considering several common sources of income
- Employ tips on assessing a borrower’s monthly obligations, including how to treat credit card debt, debt in deferment, and maturing debt
- Appreciate the importance of documenting your underwriting analysis, and use provided tips for doing it effectively
- Identify the information to gather for various loan requests and how it can be used in underwriting
This webinar will focus on the fundamentals of underwriting credit: the essentials of gathering the right information, analyzing it in an informative, consistent manner, and understanding the impact of fair lending rules. Since this webinar will focus on the basics, it will address the underwriting process, the information needed, and how to analyze and document the results in a useful, compliant manner. It will also explain why certain aspects of underwriting are done the way they are. Although the program will focus primarily on underwriting consumer and residential mortgage loans, it will also address how underwriting fundamentals apply to commercial lending. Join us to learn the essentials of calculating debt-to-income ratios using tax returns, pay stubs, and credit reports. (Note: This webinar will not include a line-by-line discussion of tax return analysis.)
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will provide newer lenders and underwriters with a foundation in the basic principles of loan underwriting. Experienced lenders that may be transitioning into performing or overseeing underwriting analysis will also benefit.
- List of questions to ask yourself when underwriting to use as a tool for learning and applying the fundamentals
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Avoiding the Top 10 HELOC Compliance Mistakes"
July 8, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.