12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Recent rule changes have expanded rollover opportunities under certain circumstances but have limited rollover opportunities under other scenarios. Changes bring opportunities to financial institutions that understand how to navigate and properly handle IRA rollovers and transfers. After this session, you will know how IRA owners and beneficiaries may move assets between IRA plans, and between employer retirement plans and IRA plans. Be prepared the next time an IRA owner requests a rollover or transfer.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Responsibilities for processing and reporting rollovers versus transfer contributions
- Differences between employer plan-to-IRA rollovers versus IRA-to-IRA rollovers
- Difference between direct and indirect IRA rollovers
- Guidance on the 60-day and once-every-12-months rollover rules
- When IRA owners may receive an automatic extension of the 60-day rollover period through the self-certification process
- Scenarios where the once-every-12-months rule does not apply
- How to properly handle, title, and report beneficiary rollovers from employer plans
- Handling IRA-to-IRA beneficiary transfers
- Sample rollover forms and quick reference charts
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
For those who have direct contact with IRA owners, including registered advisors and licensed insurance representatives, this session will provide the information needed to confidently help IRA owners make informed rollover and transfer decisions. Staff who have IRA operational or compliance responsibilities will learn current guidance on the processing and government reporting requirements associated with IRA-to-IRA and employer plan-to-IRA rollovers. Managers will obtain a solid understanding and new appreciation of their responsibilities when handling these IRA transactions.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.