Wednesday, August 2, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
With business accounts, it is all about who you know – the business, the owners, the authorized signers, and who has authority over the business. Proper business documentation, authority to transact on behalf of the business, and negotiating on accounts are the pivotal points of this webinar. From Mom and Pop Shop to BigTime, Inc., you’ll learn what you need to know about business accounts, including upcoming changes to customer due diligence (CDD) requirements for beneficial owners effective May 11, 2018.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Business account documentation
- How to verify the existence and type of business entity
- Who has authority to establish and transact on an account and what can serve as proof?
- Changing authorized signers
- Signature cards and disclosures for business accounts
- What happens when someone dies - signer, owner, or other person?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- List of reference materials for verifying business entities and checklist
- Sample business due diligence questionnaire
- Beneficial owner certification form
- IRS SSN vs. EIN listing
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new accounts staff, business relationship managers, tellers, compliance personnel, and auditors.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.