This is a 90-minute webinar.
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The board secretary’s dynamic role is critical. It involves and/or affects administration of corporate governance, director liability, communication with directors and management, oversight of policy/procedure reviews, obtaining and maintaining annual documentation, compliance issues, and more.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the board secretary’s role and responsibilities
- Document board oversight of your institution’s risk management program
- Prepare effective agendas and board package materials
- Track items for board review
- Write thorough board meeting minutes
- Appropriately correct prior minutes
- Explain the benefits and compliance considerations of electronic board package delivery and virtual meeting platforms
The board secretary’s role goes far beyond being the “note taker” at board meetings. The job often entails being the chief organizer, ensuring compliance requirements are met, understanding governance issues, planning meetings, developing reports, and preserving corporate records.
This session will provide the information and tools needed to be a successful board secretary. It will review responsibilities and provide best practices to enhance administration of corporate governance, including establishing an agenda, delivering the board package, scribing contemporaneous meeting notes, and documenting the details in the official minutes. In addition, this webinar will provide guidance and tips for becoming more effective and efficient, provide tools to facilitate success, and detail best practices for documenting “healthy debate” and discussion that occurs during a board meeting.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for board secretaries, corporate secretaries, senior management, and administrative personnel.
- Sample board agendas
- Sample board reporting schedule
- Sample board attendance log
- Sample policy approval schedule
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Board Reporting: Requirements, Timing, Delivery Options, Risks & Concerns"
April 7, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.