This is a 90-minute webinar.
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Unique and detail intensive, HELOCs have a host of special rules and limitations. Understanding the details is essential to protecting your institution. This webinar will teach you how to dodge difficulties, transcend trouble, and avoid common compliance landmines associated with HELOCs.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the specific disclosures that must be present in your institution’s HELOC documents
- Analyze the restrictions imposed on advertising and the required special wording
- Distinguish when a change-in-terms notice must be sent to the borrower
- Explain the special notice that must be given when a HELOC is reduced, suspended, or terminated
- Determine whether a HELOC can be terminated when the borrower moves out of the home or when the home’s value declines significantly
A home equity line of credit (HELOC) is a unique type of loan that is highly regulated. Every aspect of a HELOC has special rules. There are special disclosures included in the loan documents, special wording for advertisements, special limitations on when the lender may decrease or suspend a HELOC, and special timing requirements for disclosures that must be sent before maturity. In addition, the lender is prohibited from changing any term of a HELOC, except in very limited circumstances. This webinar will explain the top 10 HELOC compliance mistakes and how to protect against them.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for mortgage loan officers, loan operations staff, managers, compliance officers, internal auditors, marketing personnel, and attorneys.
- Home equity sample terms
- Home equity model clauses
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Loan Underwriting 101:
Interviewing, Credit Reports, Debt Ratios & Regulation B"
Tuesday, August 31, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.