This is a 90-minute webinar.
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Small business lending can benefit community banks and lead to better knowledge about each borrower. However, a one-size-fits-all approach to C&I lending can be disastrous. This webinar will broaden your understanding of A/R and inventory financing.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand general credit and transactional risks associated with credits largely secured by accounts receivable and/or inventory
- Develop advance rates in consideration of various factors which could contribute to challenges in collecting trade account assets securing the loan
- Describe and thoroughly explain the operating cycle, including an understanding of potential cash needs by the borrowing entity to support revenue generation, differentiating between a working capital need to support the operating cycle, and permanent working capital needs by the borrowing entity to support growth in sales
- Discuss the borrowing base certificate, with considerations for those factors which should be understood and acted upon in creating the borrowing base formula
- Define and understand the objective of field audits, including alternative measures for smaller, less complicated borrowers with credits secured by accounts receivable and inventory
Commercial and industrial (C&I) lending in support of small business needs outside of commercial real estate provides significant opportunity for community banks. A one-size-fits-all approach to C&I loans secured by trade accounts could lead to significant losses if credit administration is not aware of the associated risks and controls which should be put in place to mitigate those risks in commercial loans secured by trade account assets.
Small business lending can be a worthwhile loan product, because it can be profitable, support local business needs, and provide for portfolio diversification as an alternative to commercial real estate. However, it comes with a need for genuine understanding of your borrower, the borrower’s clients and industry, the borrower’s operating cycle, the potential need to fill gaps in borrower’s cash flow, and ultimately the risks within each borrower transaction. Attend this webinar to learn how to identify and mitigate these risks.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This presentation will benefit loan officers, credit analysts, credit administrators, chief credit officers, and other lending personnel. While the presentation will provide for more advanced topics in commercial lending, beginning to intermediate loan personnel will also benefit from this presentation.
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Global Cash Flow Analysis for Underwriters & Credit Analysts"
Thursday, April 22, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.