This is a 90-minute webinar.
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Far-flung staff? Records scattered by the winds/whims? It’s never been more important to have an effective work-from-home record retention policy that governs creation and preservation of remote staff’s records on personal devices, sites, and accounts. Best practices call for comprehensive record retention policy and procedures for all employees. You can’t afford to leave remotely created records scattered to the four winds.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Write effective work-from-home record retention policy and procedures
- Ensure work-from-home staff comply with record rules
- Manage electronic and paper records effectively and compliantly from home.
- Establish record rules for remote use of mobile devices/BYOD
- Distinguish between business records and non-records
- Adhere to GLBA Safeguards Rule governing nonpublic personal information (NPI)
- Know data breach notification laws for personally identifiable information (PII)
- Determine record lifecycles and produce effective deletion schedules
- Educate work-from-home staff about record rules
- Block the exposure of records on social media
- Safeguard records with home-based technology tools
- Minimize potentially costly consequences of record mismanagement
- Put best practices-based compliance tips and tools to work
Have you updated your record retention policy and procedures for work-from-home employees? Thanks to COVID-19, best practices and good management call for an updated policy governing remote use and retention of records via personal devices, sites, and accounts. With so many working remotely, mismanaged, misplaced, or missing records are more than a nuisance – they are a liability that could trigger litigation and regulatory fines!
Financial institutions are required to preserve, protect, produce, and purge records, including PII, NPI, and other business-critical information in compliance with GLBA, federal laws, state data breach notification laws, and e-discovery guidelines. Join us to learn best practices-based strategies for effective work-from-home record management. The sample policy and guidelines will help your institution manage records, minimize risks, and maximize compliance.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for records managers, information managers, compliance officers, lawyers, IT staff, human resources personnel, privacy officers, managers, executives, and anyone who handles electronic and paper records.
- Sample Policy: Record Retention Policy for the Financial Industry
- Guidelines: Record Retention Guidelines for the Financial Industry
- Whitepaper: Record Retention Rules for the Financial Industry
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.